Admissions Appeals Process
The TEACH trust is the Admissions Authority for the four TEACH schools – Canford Heath Infant, Canford Heath Junior, Ad Astra Infant and Haymoor Junior. Therefore, the Admissions Policy is set by this Trust, following the relevant statutory Admissions Code.
There are two types of admission to a school:
1.’In-year admissions‘, these can be either when a child starts:
- in a school part way through the school year, or
- in September but not in the normal year of entry for that school
2. Admissions in September to the normal year of entry to a school. The ‘normal year of entry’ is the year group when children start at that type of school. The normal year of entry in Poole’s maintained schools are:
- Infant schools, Combined schools and Primary schools – the Reception year
- Junior schools – Year 3 except Broadstone Middle which is Year 5
- Secondary schools – Year 7 except Corfe Hills which is Year 9
Maintained schools are those which come under the control of the local authority. They do not include independent or private schools.
Please visit www.boroughofpoole.com and decide which type of admission you are looking at and follow the links.
Each school website details their admission policy and appeals timetable.